Open enrollment is a great time to take a look at one essential piece that’s often overlooked in the overall wellness puzzle: financial wellbeing. Many companies do a great job at addressing physical and even mental wellness, but many fail to address the financial concerns that often plague their employees (which may even have negative effects on their overall health).
Here are a few tips to help you communicate effectively with your employees about how to improve their financial wellness:
- Consider the demographics of your employees to better understand them.
- Communicate on specific topics and issues that relate to your workforce.
- Vary your methods of communication (e.g. texting and social media).
- Don’t overwhelm them with too much information at once. Think small bits of info spaced out over a longer period.
- Suggest specific actions steps and changes employees can make.
- Have a way of acknowledging when employees make progress or reach milestones.
- Consistently demonstrate your commitment to helping your employees reach financial wellness.
For more tips and information on how to improve your employees’ financial wellbeing, read the full article on Employee Benefit Adviser or contact Sequoyah Group today.