Do your employees need some motivation to get up and get moving? It’s time to help them work up a sweat, extend their lives, and prevent illness. The benefits of exercise are limitless, and here are a few tips you can share to help make your employees aware.
In fact, working up a sweat can:
- Reduce the risk of obesity.
- Reduce the risk of chronic conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Improve mental alertness.
- Strengthen bones, tone muscles and improve your mood.
- Boost your immune system.
- Reduce the effects of stress on your body.
- Help you sleep more soundly.
Even if you engage only in low-intensity physical activity (gardening, walking or dancing) on a regular basis, you will achieve long-term health benefits.
How Much Is Enough?
It is recommended that every adult exercises 30 to 60 minutes daily to maintain good health. If you do not have this much time to devote to exercise, consider engaging in three 10-minute sweat sessions each day.
What Can You Do?
- Ride an exercise bike while watching television.
- Walk around the block during your lunch hour with a colleague.
- Make a Saturday morning walk with your family a tradition.
- Take a dance, aerobics or spinning class.
- Purchase an exercise DVD and incorporate it into your fitness routine.